Friday, May 21, 2010

Father in Heaven has sent me to you


Okay, so this might be a little bit scattered, but that's how it goes.



First off: Daddy.  Delta changed their rules again, so I have to pay for one of my bags on the flight on monday.  It's "just" $50 (just????  I get an $8 allowance each week?!?!!!), but I've been stocking up on other things.  Just to be safe, there should be some money in my savings account.  Could you transfer at least $50 from my savings to my checking?  THANKS!!!!!



Second order of business:  Okay, mom.  I only had les temps to skim your email (because we print in the other lab-- don't worry, I'll print it after i write this one), but as far as I know, we "leave" the MTC (let's be honest-- there are at least 10 of us leaving at that time.  No way we're leaving on time), at 1:30 MDT.  Probably won't get there until 2:30, 2:45, and then we have to get through security and junk.  So I think, a safe time is between 3:00 and 3:00 MDT, or 2:00 and 2:30 your time.  Hope that works out.  And if not, I'll call dad's office until someone answers the home phone.  because I am GETTING my phone call.



So yeah, traveling is a pain already.  But TRES TRES TRES exciting!!!!  Packing (gag) is actually not that bad (which is why it was a gag and not a vomit) (did you know the verb "to vomit" in french is "vomir"... and to say "I will throw up in your fac e is "je vomirai a votre visage".  Just in case you wanted to know).  And I'm already assigned a new companionship.  You see, I'm the only sister in our travel group, so I have to join one of the elder's companionship.  Why?  Mostly so I don't get left behind and/ or run away with someone/ myself.  I talked to our group leader (Elder Alexander-- he totally rocks) and said "Who am I with?"  and his response was... "uhhhhhhhhhhhh........."  His companion said "You should just be part of our companionship."  CHOUTTE!!!!  Sweet!!!!  They were who I wanted to be with (because the pickins are a little slim in my group).  That worked out nicely.  I already committed Elder Draleau (Elder Alexander's companion) to helping me with my luggage, but then I discovered a wonderful thing called luggage straps!  Maybe I'll make him pull it anyway... to build character.



I'm ready to get out there.  I'm ready to go.  I want to teach and preach and work as missionaries doooooooooooooo!!!!  The first thing we do after getting picked up at the airport is go contacting in a major traffic (people traffic) area.  But I might have some issues with that.  not because I'm not ready but.....   J'ai perdu ma voix.  I've lost my voice.  It dissappeared on Tuesday, and on wednesday my companion made me go to the doctor.  The doctor told me not to talk anymore and take lots of pain killers.  Drink water, eat fruits and veggies, and (my favey part) TAKE NAPS!!!!  SANCTIONED NAP TAKING!!!!!!  My LIFE IS COMPlETE!!!!!  So I've been doing that--- not better.  not really.  Okay, so a little better.  But Wednesday was TRC day, which is when we teach.  And I couldn't talk?  It was one of the weirdest TRC's I've ever had.  The guy couldn't really hear me, and I really shouldn't have been talking, so he stopped talking to me.  And when we asked him questions, he'd go off on some weird tangent.  here's my favorite part: I asked him "Quel etait le plus important partie des lecons des missionaires... a votre avis?"  (what was the most important part of the missionary lessons, in your opinion? he was a "recent convert")  "Qu'est-ce qu avez vous remarque?" (what did you notice?).  He said "How I changed my life?" in response.  Vraiment?  I tried to rephrase it like three times, and gave up saying "Oui.  Celui."  Yeah.  That.  Weird, but a reality check-- guess what!!  Investigators won't always want to talk about what you want to talk about!!!  My companion thought he was weird too.  Weirdy.



Today was temple day, and it was amazing.  Most of our zone made it to the service, including our teacher (on accident-- but i love her and she's amazing).  I saw all my elders after the service and started bawling, telling them they had to come to paris with me (most of them aren't-- they're going to toulouse).  Elder Nicholes shook my hand so hard because we can't hug, and we both started crying.  I sat on a couch, and he gave me the scriptures to read.  he turned to Doctrine and Covenants 25 and said "This is you, Soeur Barros."  he's our scripture man; has a scripture for every occasion.  Gosh I love my elders.  I'm getting all choked up about it now, just remembering.



We cannot lose this war against satan.  With missionaries like the ones here, we cannot lose.  We cannot lose.  God will triumph.



I KNOW this gospel is true.  It's the only way to be happy!  I can't wait to share it with everyone in my mission, everyone that I will ever meet.



Keep up the good work.  I feel everyone's love and support.



Love Kacey


PS--- President Monson's daughter spoke to us, Sheri Dew did the other time, and half of the Young Women's presidency.  AS WELL AS ELDER HOLLAND.  No time now, but I promise to tell all later!!!!



And TORI-- Elder nicholes loves the letter.  Keep em coming.

No comments: