Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy National Chicken Month!

Today has been one of those days where... there's not ONE thing wrong.  Just a bunch of... little things.  Not only a bunch, but more like a gazillion.  I woke up early to do some sun salutations (my body has been super tense so it's a part of my new routine), but forgot that I had to take West out this morning.  So I brushed my teeth while West ran around and peed on everything (he now owns half the apartment complex).  Then I bolted out the door to try and get to work on time.  I decided to make some tea, comme d'hab, but the hot water wasn't working.  Not only that, but once I got it to work, I decided to try a NEW tea. Today was not a good day to do that.  I ended up throwing the cup out it was so abrasive. Anyway...

One of my guys yells loudly to communicate.  Usually I can deal with it.  Today it just grated my ability to think.  Then another one of my guys threw his drink on the ground.  And another one didn't want to eat the honeydew for snack.  Then I was in charge of an activity, and as soon as I opened my mouth, the entire crowd of people started talking, yelling, making incoherent noises.  So I shut my mouth.  They stop talking.  I open it again and it's like a TRIGGER.  Not only that, but one of my guys has been talking incessantly about Christmas.  "Are we having a Christmas party?" "Yes, in December." "So on June 21st we're having a Christmas party." "No, in December." "Christmas is just around the corner!" 

I breathe deeply and decide to proceed with caution.

Then.  We have staggered lunches, shoot me, and I'm on the last lunch. Not only that, but no one tells me until right before lunch time that the guys are eating in Skills, not in the lunch room.  Now my only issue with that is instead of 12 microwaves we only have two.  Well, one and a half, because one is utter CRAP.  Bref.  So I am stuck in the kitchenette of Skills trying to heat up forty lunches with one and a half microwaves.  It's exhausting.  Then I go back to my table and see that the guy who threw his drink that morning had just thrown his milk all over the floor and my chair.  The man next to him decides to inform us all that he's ready for the Christmas party and Christmas presents. I lost it. 

I went off in French. "Qu'est-ce que c'est?! Pourquoi est-ce que vous m'embettez comme ca?" (I say vous because they all were driving me nuts) I bent over and started to wipe up the floor. "Vous aimez me faire du mal?  Parce que j'ai l'impression que vous me detestez aujourd'hui! S'IL VOUS PLAIT, laissez-moi!"

Silence.

For like a second.

The first person to speak was.... "So, Christmas is right around the corner, Kacey."


I just stared at him as he ran through his speech about a Christmas party in June.  By the time he got back to "Christmas is just around the corner," I just giggled.  Oh how ridiculous was my anger.  My fatigue, however, was very real and felt by three other staff.  We just got on lunch and Heaven help us get through the afternoon.

Anyway.  I love it.  I'm just ready for a nap.

Yay naps!

Last night I saw Felipe's capeoira class.  It was like dancing.  In jello.

Wow I'm seriously tired.  Dancing in jello is a very inept way to describe capeoira.  But I don't care.  I'm just gunna sit here and down a can of Coke.

Judge me now.

1 comment:

Deidra Smith said...

I cant' help, but compare that to my days with 4,6,8, and 10 year old kids. I keep getting on myself thinking I'm not very patient, but I finally realized that I am very patient. My patience is just stretched to the absolute limits almost every day!!! I guess this is good practice, right? :)